Thursday, February 3, 2011

1st Photo Assignment

So! Finally an update cause I have new cool pictures to add. Anyway, I'm taking a Black & White Photography class and we recently learned how to process, develop, and print our own pictures! It is totally fun and I plan on investing on getting a film SLR and hopefully having a darkroom in the home I live in, in the future.

Anyway, our first assignment was to just process and develop a roll of film and then make a print, but I don't have any pictures from that assignment. So the first real assignment was a free choice, and here are the two pictures I submitted.

This is my bestie, Gilmarie (pronounced: Jill-marie) and I had her pose looking out of the window. Personally, I think I printed it a little too dark but I still like the result that I got---I tried going with that look that they have in the old Addams Family movies with the light focused on Morticia's eyes; but as you can see, I ended up getting the light on all of her face, which is fine with me.


This one here (I also used Gil for) and she's holding some tiny paper origami stars.
PS: It's not like that stupid twilight cover.

4 comments:

  1. Katy!! You are so artistic and gifted!! I luv luv luv u!!! and i also luvvvv your blog!!!....
    .the end.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! How did the critique go?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I NOT know that you had a blog?!!!! I love it!! I am so jealous of you taking this photo class. I loved processing and developing and printing all of my own pictures! So fun! And your pictures look really great. I especially love the one of Jill's hands. Good contrast!:) I love you Katy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sonia: thank you very much!

    @Katie: The critique was pretty much like you said. There were some really awesome photos, and then some "eh" photos. A girl told me she liked my photo of the hands holding the stars. :)

    @Geri: Haha thanks! And love you too!

    ReplyDelete